Monday, January 11, 2010

020 salvation



It's 20h10, and I just finished watching a classic Mission Impossible episode from the 60's. I've seen the movies, but honestly, the TV series is much better. I can't really explain why I prefer the TV series, but there is just something about it, perhaps it's the 60's atmosphere, the style of that time that really attracts me, but I can't stop watching it. If you ever get a chance to watch the series, I highly recommend it. The episode I just watched is called 'The Town' and is from season 2. It's about a whole town involved in a conspiracy to assassinate someone. That's all I will say, but it was definitely one of the better episodes.

I didn't have to go to work today because in Japan it is the Coming-of-Age Day and is a holiday for many companies and for all schools, I think, or at least for universities. There is usually a ceremony and then many go out partying. Each year, you may see on TV footage of some young people going crazy at the ceremony, but I am not sure if that has happened here though. I hope it hasn't, although I wouldn't be surprised if it has as there will always be those who don't know better, right?

Well, tonight I have another song written and performed on a D-stringless guitar. Actually, I am lying - it was originally recorded with all strings in French, but yesterday, no the day before I think, I decided to sing it in English and this is what came out. I should also mention that soon after, my E-string broke, so now I really have to change my strings or else I will have a guitar with strings from different companies and I am not sure how that would sound. Anyway, tonight's song is kind of bluesy and therefore not too upbeat, but the words work well with the melody. It definitely has potential to be a nice song. As for the French version, the lyrics are completely different, but maybe I will post that later.

Cheers,
alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment