Monday, February 8, 2010

027 a dream




SONG

This was the second last song I wrote with only 4 strings. The progression is Dm, Am, Gm, Dm, A maj. I haven’t played it since this recording, so it’s bound to sound different, but I liked the rawness/bluesiness of this take.

LYRICS

I’m sure there are possible interpretations, but the obvious one that comes to mind for me would be about not letting go of a dream. I believe that we all have dreams, both small and large, and that it’s important not to give up on them and strive toward them. What’s my dream? Music, of course, and that’s something I don’t ever want to give up on.

TREASURE CHEST

I was reading recently about Linking In and Linking Out, where Linking In is about linking to older posts within your own blog, so I thought I would start linking to some of my other songs. If you’re interested, here is a song I wrote a while ago called ‘Boarding Call'.

CHECK THIS OUT - COLD WAR KIDS

When you’ve been away for so long, you tend to fall behind on what’s out there. I had heard of this group before, but for some reason, I only got around to hearing them today. Here is a link to one of their songs, 'We Used to Vacation'.

COLLABORATION?

With today's technology, I know it's not impossible to collaborate with someone so far away, so it would be great if someone out there wanted to put a bass track down or a drum track down for this song or any of my songs. Of course, I probably would have to re-record some or most of them, but leave me comment, and I will get back to you.

Cheers,
alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment