Thursday, February 4, 2010

026 this island is your home

The reason for not posting earlier can be summed up in five words - THE END OF THE SEMESTER.



The Song

Here is the last song I wrote with only four strings because shortly after writing this, another string broke, so I decided it was time to replace them (Actually, I still have one more that I wrote before this one with only four strings, but I will post it next time). However, the tuning I'm going with now is 2 steps down, so it is sounds very gritty. I like it! Anyway, this song has three chords - D Gmaj and Em/D played in that order, well pretty much in that order; you can tell what I'm doing once you listen to it.

The Lyrics

Another theme I use from time to time - home, and the idea that no matter where you go, you'll always have a place to go back to. Actually, come to think of it, that's not particularly true for everyone, but for most people I would think it to be true. The lyrics of the song are really straightforward in conveying this theme as you will understand when you listen to it.

Collaboration?

With today's technology, I know it's not impossible to collaborate with someone so far away, so it would be great if someone out there wanted to put a bass track down or a drum track down for this song or any of my songs. Of course, I probably would have to re-record some or most of them, but leave me comment, and I will get back to you.

Cheers,
alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment