Friday, December 18, 2009

017 snow



It's 20h16, and it's not warm.

Tonight's post will have to be short as well because my wife will be home soon. She works until 20h15...well, maybe I have a little time, unless she gets a ride, but I wouldn't blame her if she asked someone to give her a ride because it's really cold outside. I just got back actually from shopping; I almost didn't make it to the stores because of work, but I did and was able to find what I was looking for. Honestly, I haven't had much time to go to the stores with work and all, but I have been able to find a couple of things that I hope she'll like. Of course, the Internet has also been a life-saver because really, when you don't have a car, it is quite difficult to get around here because the buses are not realiable in winter; you could be waiting for a long time for them to arrive.

Well, I finally have something to put on my wine blog. No, I haven't posted yet, but this past week, we had a wine party and it went really well. I hope to do it again soon. I won't go into too much detail, but there were six wines, and a lot of food. Everyone seemed to have a good time, but I think I drank too much. It seems that when I drink, I get, how should I say, preachy. It's strange, too, because I don't remember ever getting that way back in Canada, nor when I first came to Japan, but now that I think about it, I tend to talk a lot when I have been drinking, and well, when you're somewhat tipsy, you don't know, well, when to shut up. I'll just leave it at that. In any case, the wine was overall good, and so was the food; definitely, a good evening was had by all. If you are interested, I hope to post about it tomorrow, well if I have the time because I still have some shopping left to do.

Anyway, on to the song. Honestly, I wasn't sure which song to post. Recently, I have been recording only melodies and not really writing any words. To clarify, I mean that sometimes when I have a melody in my head, I can play it out on the guitar, but when I don't have any words to sing, I tend to mumble or make up any old gibberish to catch the sound I want. Then later, I go back and try to put words to it. Therefore, I have many pieces to post, but since I haven't gotten around to putting real lyrics to them, I can't really post them now can I, so tonight was going to use my last piece, thereby forcing me to sit down and properly record the others. However, on my way home, a melody popped into my head, and words came really easily; luckily I had my recorder, so I recorded it. I don't sing in French very often, but this one is in French. After I came home, I recorded it, but then immediately the song I am going to post this evening came out of nowhere, and I thought, 'Hey, this is really catchy!', so I recorded it as quickly as possible. The song is definitely funky pop bluesy something; I'm not really sure what you classify it as, but here is the song for this evening, which means I still have two songs left, but that still means I have to record the others soon, or I'll be in trouble. Where do all these melodies and ideas come from?

cheers,
alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment