Wednesday, December 2, 2009

012 tomorrow let's sleep in



It's 18h36, and it's quite warm for a December day.

I didn't post anything last week because I had to go to Akita. I won't go into any detail, but it was for personal reasons. I will say however that I got sick while I was there and had to go to the hospital. Yes, that's right, the hospital. At first I thought I had drunk too much at the family gathering, but when I continued to get sick until 5 in the morning, I knew it wasn't from drinking. Also, several other family members reported getting sick, so something tells me it was something we ate. However, honestly, I don't know why I got sick because the doctor could not find any reason. He gave me some medicine and sent me on my way. I have to say though that I must have looked crazy to the other patients because I was wearing my brother-in-law's sweatshirt, my father-in-law's sweatpants and I was carrying around a garbage can with me just in case I got sick there, but with all those people I did my best not to. Fortunately, it was not too serious and now I am back to work feeling much better.

Well, enough about that. I still can't believe it's December. Time really flies, doesn't it? I haven't even started Xmas shopping yet and before you know it Santa will be here. I do have some ideas of what to buy though; it's just finding the time to buy them.

So, tonight's song - yeah, I know, this post might end up being a little shorter than usual, but really, once I become busier, I will probably have to keep my posts short or I am going to find myself pinched for time - is quite poppy, probably one of my happier tunes. To be honest, the more I listen to this song, the more my vocals resemble Eddie Vedder's even if it is only a little. Again for those of you who don't know who he is, he's the lead singer of Pearl Jam (the link is on the right). I think it's a song that would definitely sound nice live with the right bass and drums behind it. It could definitely be one of my catchier tunes as well, and of course, we all like catchy tunes, just not those that get stuck in your head when you don't want them to, then it's just horrible. As for the meaning, I am not sure yet as to what I want to say here, but considering the lyrics are about sleeping in until the sun sets, I could say that it is another song about vampires, but I'm not really sure, and no, I am not that goth.

Well, I should be going because I have some things to do, but before I do, I should tell you about the links to my other blogs on the right. There's one for French learning, one for wine (which I really need to start), one for vocabulary learning and one for education. The French blog will be posted every Monday for now, the vocabulary one, I will try to post every weekday, and the wine one every Sunday, but as of yet, I haven't gotten around to posting. There are some links on it though for wineries in Japan and for some shops here in Hakodate. If you're interested please check them out.

Cheers,
alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment