Friday, November 20, 2009

011 excited



It's not 18h55, and I am fairly tired. I spent about 3 hours today in the deepest regions of our library looking through 30+ years worth of journal articles searching for something that might be related to the research I am doing, but all I got out of it were dirty hands, a weird taste in my mouth and about 5 articles that may or may not be usable. Yeah! I guess it is not so bad though because I think after today I can finally say to myself that there are no articles for me to use, and now it's time to get down to writing.

Anyway, that is too work-related, but really after doing that all day, that is about the only thing on my mind; I feel quite spacey actually, and I can see why after many years of such activity we have terms like the mad professor or the mad scientist. Who wouldn't go mad after ingesting dust for two hours? But seriously, I kind of like it, being amongst old books for extended periods of time. I have often said that I would like to have my own study filled with books, but alas, technology is killing the book, and it is only a matter of time, albeit a long time still, I hope, but nevertheless, I can see one day when Where's Waldo books will be displayed in a museum and children will be asking their teacher, 'What's that?' and the teacher not knowing really what it is will ask the caretaker for the answer. On the plus side though, we would be saving a lot of trees, but as we all know, that is only one of many things we have to do to save our planet, but I won't get into that because, well, I am sure there are more informed blogs out there on such a topic, and I am not that informed.

So, moving along, tonight's song (Oh yeah, I just remembered that I still have to talk about my influences...well, let's leave that until another time, shall we?). I have to say that I like writing these really short numbers, with very simple lyrics. Of course, if I were to play them live, which I have thought about recently, I would have to try to add to them, but then again, perhaps they are OK as they are, and I shouldn't add anything because I could end up ruining the song if I did. It would be interesting to hear people's opinions on me playing 1-2 minute songs. Of course, there have been 1-2 minute songs, but every song only 1-2 minutes. Hmmm...maybe some punk bands come to mind, but even bands like The Ramones had longer songs, didn't they? Let's see...


I wanna be sedated


2:26 minutes. Well, a little longer than 2 minutes, but, who's complaining? It's The Ramones!

I also just noticed Ed the Sock in that video. Any Canadians reading this blog should automatically know who he is/was?, but he was a host on MuchMusic in the 90's. I think he even had his own talk show at one point, but I don't really remember. If you're interested, here's a link to his bio:

Ed the Sock (Sorry, only in English)

OK, I must be tired because this is the third time writing about tonight's song. I was going to post another song, you see, and so in the title area, had written the name of that song, but then I changed my mind and posted another, but forgot to change the name in the title section and so as a result, and of course due to fatigue or dusty spaciness, I deleted what I had written first, which was actually for the correct song, then rewrote it for the imaginary one, and now I'm back to square one, and I think I am tired because I think this paragraph is somewhat ungrammatical, but I'll let you decide. Anyway tonight's song is one that I'd like to open a set with. It's a very simple song, but the lyrics are sort of dark. Definitely worth working on.

Cheers,
alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment