Sunday, November 1, 2009

song 20



It's 6h02 and it's very cold outside. Winter is definitely on its way.

Well, I won't be writing too much today because dinner is almost ready, but this week has definitely been a hard one physically. Monday to about Friday, I was sick, Tuesday being the worst day with me spending the whole day drugged up on cold syrup in bed. I did get to watch Lord of the Rings, something I hadn't done in a while, so it was not all bad. I even got to take a couple of days off work, so I suppose that wasn't too bad either. Yesterday, however, I was on my way home when I had an accident. I was about to cross the street when I somehow, I still don't know how I managed to do this, brought up in a drain grate with the result that I ate pavement hard. Unfortunately, the bottle of sake did not survive, nor did my pants, nor did my right knee and shoulder, but on the bright side, I was able to save a third of the bottle of sake, the rest, well, soaking my bookbag, something else which surprised me because the sake was in a plastic bag, and the plastic bag looked intact, so how did the sack end up in the bottom of my bag is beyond me. My knee has healed quite nicely although the road burn I got well stings a little even now. My shoulder, although I did not go to the hospital, seems better, but is still quite sore and I am waiting for the bruise to appear. However, what surpises and relieves me the most at the same time is the fact that I did not hit any cars. The drain that I brought up in was located between the sidewalk and the road. I saw that the light was flashing so figured I had enough time to cut between the sidewalk and the car to the crosswalk, when my bicycle just stopped and I went flying landing on my shoulder. I got up and walked my bicycle to the sidewalk, but not once did anyone come up to me saying that I hit their car. How I was able to avoid any cars is beyond me, but definitely the bright point of the evening because as the cars were stopped, it would have been my responsibility if I had scratched someone's car.

Well, I am sure that next week will be better because after this past one, it cannot get any worse. I do feel 90% recovered from the flu or the cold or whatever I had so it is now just the arm and knee, but it's really the arm that worries me more. I just have to be careful from now on.

OK. Due to having the cold this past week, I have not had the voice to record anything decent, so here is a piece from a while ago. I still have not been able to think of a proper title for it, so I went with 'Song 20'. It's kind of catchy, more of a relaxed song, but I can't help think that it reminds me something that John Mayer might record if he were missing a G-string. Let me know what you think.

Good night
alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment