Wednesday, November 18, 2009

010 the light is gone



It's now 20h13, and I really should be going home. I started posting today on another blog - yes, that's right I have several in fact - and it took a little longer than expected. Who would have thought that pronouncing the name Abdullah would take so long? Anyway, here is the link if you are interested,

The Wonderful World of Words or How many words do you know?

Actually, this is a second attempt at this blog because back in the summer I was posting, but on wordpress. However, unfortunately, wordpress does not have free audio and blogger does (Yeah for blogger, boo for wordpress!), so here I am. At first, I was considering simple text and leaving it at that, but finally decided to record the posts, mainly so that I could have the chance to practice the pronunciation of the new words I come across. Yes, that's right, the blog is pretty much a vocabulary notebook for me, but I think anyone interested in vocabulary, especially the more uncommon words, may find this interesting. I also started this blog in order to improve my own vocabulary because let me tell you, I really need to, especially if things work out next year.

I guess I should just come out and say it because, nah, I won't just yet. Suspense, you got to like it, eh?

However, I have to say that having all these blogs can be a little risky because they can get time-consuming take today's wonderful world of words post for example, but I think that once I get used to recording the blog it will get better and besides, not every sentence will have complicated pronunciation. Of course, it's not that the pronunciation is difficult, but I am somewhat of a perfectionist, so I did not want to mess up on the pronunciation of Abdullah, although in the end, I probably did. Sorry!

I still haven't decided how often I will post, but ideally every evening would be nice. It would force me to read more, and since it is vocabulary practice, learning 5 or so words a week would be reasonable considering my schedule. As for the music blog, which I should get back to, I am hoping for twice or maybe three times a week, maybe Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Well, I was going to talk a little bit more about my influences, but the other blog kind of took my time, so I won't go into that tonight, but I must say I was surprised to hear, and I apologize for being so behind in the news, that Aerosmith and Oasis are both without someone vital to the group, Aerosmith's vocalist Steven Tyler, and Oasis's guitarist and songwriter Noel Gallagher. Pretty crazy, eh? I never really listened to Aerosmith though, but one of their songs that I like even today is one of their older ones, Dream On, a great song that I recommend you check out if you haven't heard it. Let's see if I can get a link:

Dream On

As for Oasis, I think I first heard them when I was working at home. I think it was the year I took off from university, and that summer I was working on a website or something, I don't really remember, but Definitely Maybe and What's the story, morning glory? were awesome albums. After those, I kind of stopped listening, but some of the songs on those two albums that I really liked were Slide Away, Live Forever, Hello, Wonderwall, Don't Look Back in Anger, She's Electric and Champagne Supernova. Here are some links for your listening pleasure:

Live Forever

Wonderwall

Don't Look Back in Anger

Champagne Supernova

I am not sure if I learned them all, but I definitely remember learning Slide Away, Wonderwall, Don't Look Back in Anger and Champagne Supernova. Unfortunately, I would not be able to play them now if you asked me to, or maybe that's not so unfortunate. Honestly, I prefer originals any day than covers.

Well, OK, I have to stop here because I just noticed the time and I have to go. Tonight's song, 'the light is gone' is actually quite Oasis-like. Whether that is a good thing or not, that is for you to decide. I think this song may be nice as well as an opener - I find it difficult to write good opener songs as most of them seem to be better suited to ending a concert. Hey, maybe I could start a trend of ending the concert multiple times! Hmmm, maybe not such a good idea.

Cheers,
alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment