Friday, November 13, 2009

Don't leave or Work it out? Which do you like more as a title?



It's 17h33. It's really windy outside, and I think it calls for rain, so I shouldn't stay here too long because I didn't bring my umbrella this morning.

Well, I can't believe it, but this is my second post this week! I hope that this will continue, but like all things in life, one can never be sure. What I need to do in order to make this work is set a day or days when I post and try to stick to those days. That way I can develop a schedule and not be so sporadic with my posts.

In my last post, I listed some of the bands that have influenced me and my music over the years. I thought that today I would pick one of those groups and talk about the album that affected me the most musically, and I think today I will talk a little about Pearl Jam. It seems that where I am, most people don't know who they are. Well, I won't go into their history because it would take forever and would involve some background research on my part, so instead here are some links that may help.

Pearl Jam - Wikipedia (Japanese)

Pearl Jam - Wikipedia (English)

Pearl Jam - Official Site

To be honest, it's been a while since I listened to them. The last album I bought was Yield, so that can give you an idea. I don't know why, but for me, after Yield, I just couldn't get into their new sound, if that's what you could call it. However, I have recently listened to their last few albums and I think there may be some renewed promise, but for me the albums that really affected me would be Ten, Vs, Vitalogy and to a lesser degree No Code and Yield. Definitely, the first three were amazing for me. I still remember when I got Ten. I had joined a music club, BGM or something like that, and had received my 10 free cassettes, and if I remember correctly, there were some really nasty choices in there, which I don't remember or choose not remember and will never reveal to anyone. Needless to say, Ten was the diamond in the rough, and almost every evening, I would sing along to songs like Deep, Once, Black or Even Flow. They were all amazing. Then Vs came out and it was crazier with songs like Daughter and Rear View Mirror, and finally Vitalogy with Better Man, Corduroy, Last Exit, Spin The Black Circle, Not For You, Tremor Christ and Nothingman, a beautiful song that probably was one of the most influential for me melody-wise. While No Code and Yield were not as exciting for me, Lukin was and still is awesome to listen to, and Who You Are was really atmospheric, really cool.

Of course, there were other songs that I really liked especially State of Love and Trust and I got Id and The Long Road from the Merkinball single. Actually, here is the link for I got Id,

I got Id

OK, well I could go on, but it's getting late and I should get going, so here is the song for today. I am not sure what to call it as the title shows, but I think both could work. The song is quite mellow I think, and could even be an opener for a concert. I can imagine starting with that one and then following it up with something really heavy. Well, it seems that I spent all my energy on Pearl Jam because I feel I have nothing left to say except enjoy the links and enjoy my track and until next time, take care!

cheers,
alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment