Sunday, October 25, 2009

the human life



It's now 6h40, and the sky is clear, but it has gotten colder these evenings.

I am actually at the office doing this. I had to come today to do some preparations for tomorrow morning because I was away this weekend. Friday afternoon I left with some students to go to a place I can never really pronounce correctly because it sounds too much like Nepal, with the only difference being the initial stress. The actual place is called Nepal Mori and it's often used for events with big groups. This weekend was the orientation for those students who decided to major in western cultural studies. There were some presentations about job hunting and exchange programs and examinations, but it was not all about work - I played some volleyball and badminton with some of the students, which was really fun, and it also gave me the great opportunity of getting to know them better. Unfortunately, I hadn't played sports in an ice age, so yesterday and even today, I hurt all over, and to add to the pain, I think I am coming down with a cold. However, all in all, it was worth it.

Saturday, however, was also quite packed because the morning was the continuation of the orientation, followed by a trip to buy some clothes and finally a party for the first year western culture studies majors.

Sunday has been a little more relaxing, but like all trips, you need at least a couple of days to take it easy afterward and rest up, something of course which most of us do not have the pleasure of having. I must say though that despite the pain, and the cold that will probably hit me tomorrow...hard, it has been a nice weekend, and I wouldn't mind doing it again. I guess I am the type who prefers to be too busy than too free.

Well, speaking of that, I should get going because I have to start cooking. Tonight we are going to have pizza from 10-4 (Yeah!), and to go with that, I am going to make minestrone soup, although I don't remember ever making it, so it should be interesting. The song tonight, 'the human life' is pretty catchy in my opinion. I also like the lyrics because they are not so straightforward although they may appear to be. I think this one though may sound better with effects and drums, but until I find someone to play with, I'll leave the song as it is because, well, I don't really have the time recently that it would take for me to add drums to this and although I started this blog so that it wouldn't take me so long to record and upload, I think tonight's video took me an hour, which is something that I can't afford to do, especially if things go well and I start school in the new year.

cheers,
alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment